Delicious, homemade White Bean Soup in only 30 minutes? This family favorite is both easy and healthy. You’ll love this comforting soup!💚
👉🏼TAP LINK IN julieseatsandtreats PROFILE FOR FULL RECIPE👈🏼
* 6 pieces regular sliced bacon uncooked and chopped
* 1 c. red onion chopped
* 2 tsp minced garlic
* 12 oz bag frozen carrots
* 1 ¼ c. frozen kale about ½ of a 12 ounce bag
* ⅓ c. fresh Italian parsley roughly chopped
* 1 tsp salt
* 1 tsp black pepper
* 3 cans cannellini beans 15.5 ounce each, rinsed and drained
* 5 c. chicken stock
* 1 c. half and half
* Fresh chopped parsley optional garnish
* Freshly shredded parmesan optional garnish
In a large stock pot, sauté the chopped bacon and onion over medium heat for 2-3 minutes or until the bacon begins to curl and the onion begins to become translucent.
Add the minced garlic and cook for 1-2 minutes longer, until you can smell the garlic.
Add the frozen carrots, frozen kale, parsley, salt, and pepper and cook for an additional 3-5 minutes, until the carrots begin to soften on the outside.
Pour in the white beans and chicken stock. Stir, cover, and bring to a boil.
Reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 10-15 minutes or until the soup is heated through. (Both the carrots and beans should be hot inside).
Remove from the heat and stir in the half and half.
Serve hot topped with fresh parsley and fresh parmesan, optional.